Monday 25 June 2012

Having a lens at; 50mm 1.4

I'm someone who tends to go through phases with things, my lenses especially.
Recently I've been using my 85mm the most after some thought and I hate having kit just sit in my bag, I really like to make the most of what I have - time to reacquaint myself with it!

I have the Canon 50mm 1.4 and previously had the Nikon 50mm 1.4G & before that, the Nikon 50mm 1.8. I will always say - if you can afford to, get the 1.4!
The price is SO good for such a fantastic performing lens and is light, nice & wide on a full frame camera and 1.4 which I adore. The difference in optics from the 1.8 to the 1.4 is astonishing, although I only can compare from the Nikon side of things I will imagine it's similar for Canon - let me know your thoughts!

Anyway, I took myself on a Photo Walk, with just my 50mm. The weather was pretty lovely and I've been so busy lately that I've barely had time to pick up my camera and I really have missed not taking any photos so it was glorious to just have time to take some summery photos below.

50mm6 50mm3 50mm2 50mm1 50mm 5 50mm 4

As you can see - it's a lovely lens! I adore the bokeh it creates and it's fairly wide for my preference of shooting especially for facial portraits, but I really love it as a walk around lens.
What do you shoot with your 50mm or are you someone who isn't fussed?